Monday 29 January 2018

Couture du Jour

Recently a friend tagged me in a competition on Facebook and won for us both a collection of goodies from the dovecraft Couture du Jour range.

The goodies included a pad of glittered die cut decoupage and I have to say I am really impressed with the quality. Whenever I've used die cut decoupage before I've been disappointed - either the printing and cutting didn't line up or the cutting left ungainly borders and I've had to re-cut all the pieces, but although this decoupage is really intricate it is beautifully cut and I really couldn't have hand-cut it any better.

I've used one of the sheets for the left hand panel on this card.


The background papers and rosette heart also came from the goodies - I distressed the edges of the papers and covered up the join with some lace.
The die cut bird cage is there to reflect the bird cages on the blue background paper - the only snag is, all the bird cages have been covered up by other stuff! But I know they are there, so it still counts! It isn't actually a die cut, it's a panel trimmed from one meant to be made into a wedding favour. I got a pack of 10 quite cheaply from a local shop and as each cuts into four panels, that's 40 little bird cage embellishments ready to be used!

I am sharing this with

C.R.A.F.T. - Distress/vintage
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - January

6 comments:

Darwin Girl said...

Just lovely.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

That was a lucky win Jane, I love this card it has a great vintage feel to it.

Sue xx

sweet art designs said...

Super card creation. I would frame it and hang it in my craft/sewing room. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Cara said...

This is such a pretty card, I love how you created the birdcage. I know your pain at poor quality decoupage, so it's good to know that this brand does it well x

MagsB said...

What a pretty vintage card, Jane! I love the rosette and the decoupage is really lovely. What a great idea to use the birdcage from the wedding favours - it looks perfect!! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge.

love Mags B x

Sheryl said...

Love this card Jane. The elements all work so well together.
Thanks for joining the fun at CRAFT challenge this week.
Hugs Sheryl DT member. xx