Wednesday 16 August 2017

Play (with) Misti for me!

I've just got home from a lovely family holiday in Kent (hence there have been no non-scheduled posts from me and I've managed to comment on very few of your blogs) with both my daughters and their families. While we were away, it was my birthday and my present from OH was a Misti. I've been having a play with it this morning and am already head over heels in love. I've managed to get clear impressions from stamps I've had for years and never managed a decent one from before, and for this card I have used a stamp that must be at least 10 years old and has never seen ink because I simply didn't have a big enough acrylic block!


I stamped the long border (an old stamp from an Art Deco set produced by the much missed Tandastamps) with Versafine Smokey Grey and embossed with clear powder, then coloured just the roses in pink and layered onto pink card to give a narrow border. Then I used the Misti  and Smokey Grey again to stamp the sentiment, which came from a set of stamps with Creative Stamping magazine a while back. Look, it's exactly straight! I left the sentiment unembossed.

I am sharing this with
CASology - Prickly
Make my Monday - Grey and Pink (I know the grey looks black in the photos but it is grey really!)
Sweet Stampin - Flowers
Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes  

13 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

A simple but really elegant card, love it

Cara said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday and birthday. So pleased that you love the misti it gives you the confidence to stamp doesn't it? Your card looks fab and you did a great job with the multi colour stamping x

brenda said...

Such a pretty floral creation and the Roses are such a pretty shade, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Liz said...

A lovely CAS card, Jane, great border stamp. I've got the Tim Holtz equivalent of the Misti, I'm sure it won't be long before we all wonder how we managed without one! I've still not plucked up the courage to remove the wood from my old wood mounted stamps - guess I'll still have to cross my fingers using them and hope they stamp straight.

Hope you had a good holiday, with better weather than we've had here! xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, a gorgeous stamp - so elegant.
Belated Birthday wishes, a lovely gift from your husband - I have a Misti, well two actually, I bought the smaller one and loved it so much that I bought the larger one as well!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sammy said...

that's lovely! It's great when you find a way to get new life out of old stash! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Beautifully CAS. So happy you could join in the CASology challenge this week.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Nandini said...

Very pretty and sweet! Thanks for joining the Make My Monday Challenges. All the very best to you. Nandini, DT

Judy1223 said...

What a pretty card! I love the pink frame around the lovely roses, and the sentiment is such a cool font! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Anna Uhras said...

So pretty!! Love the spots of pink. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

Jen W. said...

I can't believe I didn't even think of roses! This is gorgeous and I love the touch of pink matting. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Lynne K said...

A beautifully elegant design! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne