Wednesday 17 May 2017

A cat's chorus

I know, I know, one day I will wear these cat stamps out. I just LOVE the Katzelkraft "Les chats Russes" set, the cats' faces are so expressive, especially the Grumpy Cat one in the middle of this card.


I used a couple of papers that reminded me of rather old fashioned wallpaper and stamped the cats onto the background paper as well as onto plain white. This is simply because I'm too blimmin' lazy to fussy cut all those whiskers and tufts of fur! I coloured them in with Promarkers - and chose pink because it made a nice contrast from the aqua background. After all, they are caricature cats, so they don't have to be cat coloured do they? I just need to be careful not to refer to them as "pink pussies" or every spam bot on the web will be making a beeline for my blog in the hope of seeing something completely different......

Oh well, that's my blog stats for the day boosted....

Anyway, back to the card. The singing cat's music was added with an old Kanban stamp, and the sentiment, perfect for Grumpy Cat, is a Rubber Dance stamp which I hand cut into a "think bubble" adding the traditional little circles leading to it by using the two hole punches on my Cropadile to punch tiny circles.

I am sharing this with

Rubber Dance - Three of Something
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes
Show us your Pussies - Furrything Goes/Birthday
Sparkles Monthly - 4 or more legs   

9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

I love this card!

Cara said...

Hilarious! Both the card and your spam bot thinking! Cara x

cotnob said...

A fun card Jane, I love the grumpy cat.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lindsey said...

Thank you SO much, Jane. MORE cat stamps I need. :P Awesome card!

Barbara Godden said...

What a fun card, love it, great speech bubble. Fabulous job.

NanaConnie said...

Too funny, Jane! Loving the distressed papers - great choices. Thanks for playing again at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Rubber Dance said...

Gorgeous birthday card Jane!!! Thank you for using our sentiment stamp on your card. It works perfect with the cats. Thank you for playing along in our May theme challenge over at Rubber Dance!

ike said...

Hahaha - FABulous :-D I love these cats. I have these in pristine rubber and have yet to 'dirty' them up LoL A really super fun card.
Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges :-)

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

ionabunny said...

These are cool. Love your pink pussys. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz