Saturday 11 March 2017

A steampunk card

Yep, I've been die cutting those cogs again - I reckon on a cost-per-use basis they must be one of the best value items in my craft stash!


I've teamed them with elements that came from a Kanban Lucky Dip kit from Foilplay . The tall gentleman is really more suited to a portrait orientation of the card, but I thought I'd add interest by putting him this way round. I've arranged the cogs to look like a grey cloud hanging over the Houses of Parliament - typical of London weather (not to mention British politics!)

I am sharing this with The Male Room - Steampunk

6 comments:

scrappymo! said...

I too love the cog dies. They are good value for money as they are so versatile.
Great card here. Especially enjoyed the london scene.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card! I did smile at your comment about the weather and politics! So true! xxx

Barbara Godden said...

This is fabulous. I am not good at steampunk so when I need to do one I'll just google you.

Andreja said...

This is so beautiful, so many fabulous layers and texture :-)) I am so glad you played along with us at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A FABULOUS card Jane, love the Gent with his polite salute, the gears are wonderful and love the background. Thank you for joining in the Steampunk challenge at The Male Room. Faith DT

Deborah Frings said...

This is fantastic! I do like your dapper looking gentleman! Love the London skyline too! Sorry to be so late commenting, and thanks so much for playing along with our Steampunk challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.