Thursday 4 August 2016

Everything but the kitchen sink

Nowadays, I tend to make more CAS cards than any other, but I love playing round with a huge variety of styles and sometimes like to go right to the other extreme and throw everything but the kitchen sink at a card. Which is exactly what I've done today.

I printed out a Mucha image and sentiment and a backing paper from Joanna Sheen's The Age of Elegance CD and cut the image to fit the die cut lacy oval. I distressed the edges of the background paper and then added a doyley, lace, loops of beaded pearl stuff, flowers, pearls and a ribbon. And the wooden bird and frame - the frame is actually a patterned one but I used the reverse which is natural wood - painted with Starlights Metallic Paint. I don't think the gorgeous sheeny sparkle really shows in the photo, though!


I am sharing this with

CD Sundays - Fab'nFeminine
Lunagirl Moonbeams - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Pia S said...

It's gorgeous. The colors of the elements coordinate so well with those of the paper. Fab design!

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card, I love your way of describing the card as everything but the kitchen sink, well I can't see the kitchen sink but I see a beautiful image and a lovely layout.
Margaret
CD Sunday DT

Wynn said...

This creation is fabulous Jane. I love how the swirls of pearl co ordinate a so well with the background paper. The image is very pretty too. Thank you for showcasing your card with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

meg said...

You have tied everything together beautifully, the colours of the papers and embellishments are perfect for the image. Meg xx

Jocelyn said...

What a fabulous card. There is a lot going on but it all works beautifully. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Pamela said...

A charming card - very different. Joanna does some great CDs. I like how you've used the back of the frame to make it fit in. Everything fits together so well. Thanks for joining in with the challenge.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Karen Lunagirl said...

Beautiful! I think having so many elements really works with the opulence of the image and background. I love the combination of that deep orange color with the white lace and flowers and pearls! Thanks for joining in my August challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com ~ Karen

Carol said...

A great card Jane and I think the Kitchen sink might have spoilt it. What you have used looks fab. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, such a gorgeous image and fabulous design.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Pauline
x