Tuesday 3 May 2016

A very fine swan indeed

When I read that the theme at CD Sundays was Songs From the Movies, before I'd had a moment to think I found myself humming The Ugly Duckling from the film Hans Christian Anderson. I have no idea why - it has to be well over 50 years since I last saw that film. But did I have anything on a CD suitable to illustrate  it with?

Luckily, the gorgeous Design House CD "Water's Edge" has a design set featuring a swan and cygnets, so I've used the pyramid decoupage and matching backing paper from that to make an easel card. The decoupage sheet included a border which I trimmed down and stamped a sentiment on to create the raised strip for the top of the easel to rest against.


7 comments:

Cara said...

Okay, now I'm singing it (and doing the actions!) love this card, so tranquil. Cara x

Jocelyn said...

Lovely card. I used to love Danny Kaye and there are lots of songs in that one film along that could inspire a card! Thanks for the memories!
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

It is funny what pops into your head sometimes. A great card Jane. I love the angled pyramage.
Talking of Danny Kayue now reminds me of the wonderful ditty about 'The Chalice from the Palace' from The Court Jester. I have the DVD.
Thank you for joining in our sing song.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Well now you have got me singing his in my head, brings back memories and what a fab card you have produced.Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b DT xx

Wynn said...

Well would you believe it I watched a really old Danny Kaye movie on my iPad. There being nothing on a TV I browsed the internet. Great card Jane. I love this CD too. Thank you so much for sharing it with us and for the memory jog. Wynn DT CD Sunday.

Lynn said...

Beautiful card - such a stunning image. I can hear Danny Kaye's voice in my head right now! Lynn x

Margarets designer cards said...

Stunning image and beautiful card Yes a lovely card for a beautiful song, you have me singing now
Margaret