Friday 25 March 2016

Tick-tock

This week's decluttering concentrated on my snippets box - I went through it and discarded anything that had got shabby or dog eared, or really WAS too small to be useful, and arranged the remainder into a rough-ish order (which, over the last 24 hours, has already slipped into chaos).

While sorting it out, I discovered a few treasures like this half sheet of clock patterned paper. I can't remember where it came from, but being both old and clock themed it was perfect for the Clocks theme at Shopping Our Stash. And I also found a few scraps of patterned metallic card. How old are they? Well, older UK readers may remember a notorious Vintage kit that QVC sold, it must be at least 15 years ago, that many of us bought thinking how wonderful it was, and then couldn't think of what to do with it when we got it home? Well, the card came from that kit. There was just enough of this pattern to cut a few cogs with.

I added a stamped pocket watch and words panel, and a panel made by swiping a stone wall embossing folder with a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink before embossing.

The matting, too, is done with ancient stuff;  on my first ever trip to Hobbycraft - literally in the last century - I picked up a pack of what I thought was matt silver and gold card which turned out to be paper with a rather odd texture, and most of it is still lurking around unused.

8 comments:

Cara said...

From what sounds like humble beginnings you've made an awesome card. Ah, the QVC days, yep, still got a load of stuff that has never seen the light of day! Cara x

Di said...

Ha! I'm with you on the QVC stuff - this is just fabulous though. Everything happens in time :) Ouch, no pun was actually intended there - but it slipped out anyhow!

Hugs

Di xx

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh fantastic card Jane!! Thanks for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Cuckoo for You" challenge this week!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Janeeeee
I love the DP
the sentiment
the main vocal point and all in vintage look
this card is fit for a Daddy or young man
I wish I have so many Clock like on your card hehe
great card again Jan

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, love everything about it, love your story about your bits box and all your ancient "stuff" most of us have bought something then thought "what do I do with it?" Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Cuckoo for you challenge.

Chana Malkah said...

This really came together quite nicely! This not only speaks to our challenge theme this week, but to the philosophy of our blog...clean out that stash! Thanks for embracing the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Robyn Oliver said...

Great card Jane ... I can so relate to you 'old' stash of papers etc. and I so need to toss out all those little old scraps

lauren bergold said...

oh this is sooooo fun! those gears are especially cool & just so perfect here! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! ♥