Tuesday 29 March 2016

Something Beginning with A at Cardz 4 Guyz

It's challenge time again at Cardz 4 Guyz, and today Helen has chosen "Something Beginning with A"

I decided to use A is for Army, and printed out this pyramage topper from the La Pashe CD "Something for everyone" and backing paper from La Pashe's "Flippin families". I was hoping to find a bit of camouflage fabric among Mark's old Army kit, but it's over 30 years now since he left the army and he doesn't have any left, so I made my own by daubing distress inks in greens and browns on a scrap of hessian. The textured paper is from a DCWV pad and I've used various shades of grey for the layering.


I am sharing this with
Something for the big or biggest boy at Shopping Our Stash

5 comments:

Barb said...

What a great card Jane. It's really inspirational for the challenge. I love how you've camouflaged the hessian. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what a fab male card and so perfect for the challenge.
Love the backing paper, and the image.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Cara said...

A fab masculine card, love the way you made your own camo fabric, genius! Cara x

Unknown said...

Fab card love the cameo on the back ground and the hessian Debbs x

Donna said...

Jane, this is awesome!! I showed my 13 year old - he is in the Army Cadets here and he thought it was awesome too! :)
Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "For the Boys" challenge this week!