Thursday 17 March 2016

Another make with my new stamps

Hello again - today I'm sharing with you another card I made using stamps from my Mothers Day present. This time I used the Water Wall stamp from Katzelkraft along with a very grumpy looking cat from the Les Chats Russes sheet.


I stamped the cat, coloured him with Promarkers and fussy-cut him. Then I covered the aperture panel of a tri-fold aperture card with brick effect paper (printed out from the CD The Best of la Pashe 2012) and stuck behind the aperture a piece of acetate on which I had stamped the water wall with black Staz-on.

The curtains are scraps of real fabric which I stuck down above and to the side of the aperture, using a little ribbon for "tie-backs".

On the inside of the flap that folds inwards, I covered the page with wallpaper print paper from a V&A paper pad, then positioned some woodgrain paper horizontally to make a window ledge for the cat to sit on, stuck the cat in place so that he was framed by the curtains, and then stuck the fold-ver panel down with high-tack double sided tape - because of the fabric and the number of layers, it was quite bulky and I don't think standard tape would have held it in place.

I just love the miserable look on his face - I think we all look like that when we want to be outside but there's rain lashing against the windows!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Fine, you made me buy the cat stamps! Love the little scene you created, that is definitely an I can't go out in this weather face. Such an adorable card. Cara x

Liz said...

This card really made me smile......what a great expression on the cat's face! Super card. xx