Thursday 15 October 2015

Candle Glow

The tag topper I made for this card is made with a stamp that's been in my collection for many years - it's an unmounted one so there's no brand name but it may have been from Dimension Fourth where a lot of my early clear stamps were from. I stamped and embossed it, and then coloured it in with a mixture of Promarkers and Wink of Stella, with a gold gel pen for the candlestick.

To make the glowing background, I made a rough mark on the card to show where the tag would be, and then sponged yellow distress ink into the area that would be covered, dragging it outward with the sponge and then using a damp waterbrush to drag some "bursts" of the colour slightly further out. Then I added a few gentle brushstrokes of yellow Wink of Stella to give it a subtle gleam.


It's so hard to capture the look of Wink of Stella on a photo, so I played about with light and angles for a while and I think it shows on here, at least on the bow.


I'm playing along with

Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Blog - No Design papers
Inkspirational - Word prompt GLOW
  

5 comments:

Barb said...

A lovely card Jane. Your tag is gorgeous. I really want to get some Wink of Stella's . They really do add something. Barbxx

Mervi said...

Fabulous creation, gorgeous sparkle!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

Monika Reeck said...

I love the glow behind the tag Jane
really creative idea
and lovely tag you made I adore the color combo and the glitter ribbon image
wonderfully made Jan
hugs, Monika

Unknown said...

What a stunning effect! I love the glow, very festive and pretty! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

Marina said...

This is perfect for our Glow challenge and I love the bright colours you've used, and also that the glow continues on the card behind the tag.
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina