Tuesday 3 March 2015

Sailing at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz  is Sailing. Lots of scope for male cards there!

I decided to use a set of Kanban toppers that had been part of one of the Create and Craft Members Gifts. It came with a matching background card, but that looks useful for Other Things and in any case I'm not a big fan of just folding a card in half and plonking a topper on it, so I decided to make a background of my own.

First of all I took a sheet of plain white card and cut a piece of bubble wrap to the same size. Then I got three different shades of blue ink and swooshed them direct from the pads, randomly all over the bubble surfaces. After a very light spritz of water, I gently but evenly pressed the white card down onto the inked bubbles, then removed it and left it to dry.


I then cut the background into panels to fit an A5 gatefold card and inked the edges, before assembling it with toppers from the sheet, each of which was matted onto silver Mirri card.




I'm sharing this with
The Male Room - Create Background Paper

5 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

That image inside is really awesome! I love the sponging work you've done and all those great nautical images!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the way you made the dotty background with the bubble wrap - great idea. Super sailing theme - perfect guy card. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week, sorry to be so late commenting!

Cazro said...

What a terrific result with the bubble wrap, it looks so good. A super male card. Thanks for your wonderful contribution to the DT at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Louise van Vuren said...

Great background paper, just right for a masculine card. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
Louise xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous! Love the use of the actual photos - Thanks for joining in at TMR!