Wednesday 4 February 2015

Two for the price of one

I decided to have a play today - I rummaged in my scraps box and lifted out a handful of snippets of patterned paper in link/purple/lilac shades and another handful in greens.

On the first batch, I stamped a very open flower, which I think was a craft mag freebie, to allow the patterns to show through. The green papers I folded, cut a half-leaf shape with the fold as the spine, ran through my Ribbler (it's a little hand held corrugator - I don't know whether the Ribbler is in production any more, but similar albeit rather more flimsy items are available in the children's craft sections of shops like Hobbycraft and The Range). When opened out, they make lovely leaves!

With all the shapes prepared, I added candi centres to the flowers and curled the edges of the petals over the blade of my scissors.

The design that I had at the back of my mind had a huge cluster of flowers and leaves, but when I tried to assemble all my flowers I realised I had made FAR too many, and that they looked far better arranged in a more CAS fashion to allow each element to show up. So here you have it - two cards for the price of one!



I'm entering one or both of the cards, as appropriate, into the following challenges

Ooh La La Creations - Love  (card 2)
Make My Monday - Hearts and Flowers  (card 2)
Clear it out challenge -  Anything Goes  (both cards)
Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 162 (both cards)
 All Sorts Challenge - Flower Power (both cards)
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Let's see some purple (card 2)
The Crafter's CafĂ© - Birthday Card (card 1)


8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Two gorgeous cards, Jane. Amazing what you've done with a handful of snippets. The leaves are fantastic. Elizabeth xx

Liz said...

Beautiful cards. The flowers look lovely stamped on the patterned paper, and thanks for the tip for making the leaves. Great idea! xx

Di said...

Two fabulous cards Jane and what a great tip about the leaves. I know just where my ribbler is hiding - thank goodness I didn't bin it!

Hugs

Di xx

Mervi said...

Hi Jane, so lovely card with beautiful flowers.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 71 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

lovely card thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations Sue DT xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Jane I love the flowers and the colours and design are wonderful
Thank you for joining us at Ooh-la-la Creations.

Debs DT member xx
{Debs Cards– my personal blog}

Alli Devine said...

Gorgeous elegant card thank you for entering our 'Love' challenge at Ooh La La Creations
Alli x