Tuesday 25 November 2014

Aged to Perfection

This week at Cardz 4 Guyz we want to see your Food or Drink themed cards - and as always, they need to be suitable for a male.

I'm sure lots of you will be thinking of Christmas feasting by now, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to use some of the lovely stamps that came with a recent issue of "Creative Stamping" magazine.

The base card is made from kraft card with the vine corner from the stamp sheet stamped in Versamark ink. The banner and words are also from the stamp sheet, and I used foam pads to keep it slightly raised from the main image. For this, I cut and embossed cream and purple card using Spellbinders "Labels eighteen" and very lightly sponged through the die onto the cream card using Antique Linen distress ink, before stamping and colouring the design.



I'm sharing this card with:

Allsorts Challenge blog - No design papers allowed
The Pink Elephant - Anything Goes
That Craft Place - Anything Goes

6 comments:

brenda said...

Your card is very elegant and stylish Jane.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely with with us at Allsorts this week.

I have some candy here and you are very welcome to enter.

B x

Julie B said...

A very elegant card Jane and great use of the freebies! :)

Mervi said...

Lovely and pretty wine card.
Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts;-))m

Andrea W said...

The pop of purple looks fantastic with the kraft base. Terrific card!

Kimbo said...

Beautiful image and great colours too x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! I'm so impressed you've actually used some of those stamps that came with a magazine (I've got loads and have never used them...lol). Thanks for joining us over at That Craft Place challenge blog. Erin xx