Tuesday 11 November 2014

A Thank You card for Cardz 4 Guyz

Today is Armistice Day, when people all over the world remember, and are thankful for, those who have lost their lives defending their countries in times of war. Did you get to see the poppies around the Tower of London? I saw them a few weeks ago, when I had a quite amazing bird's eye view from the viewing gallery at the top of The Shard.


Meanwhile, in the USA, it's almost Thanksgiving, and time for a huge turkey dinner!

So one way or another, lots of us have things to be thankful for at this time of year, and this week's challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz reflects that - the theme is "Thanksgiving/Thankful" and of course we want the card to be suitable for a male.

I used a super selection of masculine papers and toppers that were the freebie in the April 2014 issue of Making Cards magazine to make a Thank You card with a very masculine feel. Usually when I make a gatefold card and decorate the inside panel, I add a rectangle of plain card to give somewhere to write when sending it, but this moustache-printed paper was part of the  set. I thought it was pale enough to still be able to write legibly on,  and I simply had to use it - after all, this month is Mo-vember!

Why not pop over to Cardz 4 Guys and see what the rest of the DT have come up with, and share your own card with us?





I'm joining in with
Ooh La La challenge #169 - More than one fold
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Make it Male  

6 comments:

Wynn said...

What a great card for a male. I love your doggy papers too. Thank you for joining us at OLL Challenges. Wynn DT

Julie B said...

I haven't been but my daughter bought one of the poppies. I looks amazing on the TV so it must be awsome in real life. :)

Linby said...

TYFS another amazing pic from the shard.
Love the colours in your card they really pop. Great finds and perfect for our OLLB challenge, thanks for taking part.
Lynn x

Sharon said...

Fantastic card - love the dog images!!

Kimbo said...

Great card Jane, love the colours. I've not used these papers yet so I'll have to get them out x

Hazel said...

How wonderful to be able to see the poppies from the Shard. We often go past the Shard to go to Guy's (saw them working on the foundations up, over months and months) but haven't been up there ... yet. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 54 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x