Wednesday 29 October 2014

Christmas Kitties

So, after that brief break, back to the de-stashing. And the topper on this card is from a sheet of images I printed out last Christmas, to make my mother's card, from the Joanna Sheen "Victorian Christmas Cards" CD. The "Season's Greetings" background is left over from a QVC kit I bought years ago - I think I'm now down to three toppers and one background left over from that kit  so I reckon it will be used up by Christmas - and even the green base card is left over from the wedding invitations I made for my younger daughter, who has been married for over 4 years now. The ribbon was rescued from a box of chocolates and the lace came to me in a RAK.

I mounted the image and background onto a layer of gold card and then edged with peel-offs, which completely cover the gold but just give the border a more substantial texture - it's easier to see in real life than on the photo.



I'm joining in with

Craft Room Challenge - A Vintage Christmas
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Embellish It!
Crafty Creations Challenges - Brads, Buttons or Bows
Craft Hoarders Anonymous (my first visit to this challenge) - Layer it!     

9 comments:

Barb said...

This is gorgeous with a great design. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Creations challenge. Barb

Glenda said...

Beautiful card with wonderful layers! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Mervi said...

Lovely card with vintage feeling, beautiful ribbon and lace.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

lost coast scrapper said...

So pretty, Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

creative lady said...

Pretty card, love the background paper. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Debi said...

love those cutie christmas cats, love the ribbon and lace details too, perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi xxx

Gloria Stengel said...

So sweet and adorably vintage! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Amber Milone said...

Such a sweet vintage card! I love the cute little kitties and your folded bow. Thanks for joining us at the Craft Room!

Unknown said...

Chocolate AND kitties?!? Wow - you really recycled and repurposed to make this card! Love all the vintage embellishments ~ Thank you SO much for joining us at Craft-Room Challenges! Christi