Friday 4 July 2014

Monarch Butterfly

I love this Monarch Butterfly stamp, which was brought over from the States for me by a crafty friend many years ago. The trouble is I don't use it (or its companion dragonfly and autumn leaves stamps) all that often because it is so big that there is very little room for anything else on a card. And when I DO use it, I often colour  it in to match the project, rather than in authentic Monarch colours. However this time, within the limits of my selection of markers and using dark brown in place of black so as not to obscure the lovely detail of the stamp too much, I've tried to keep relatively close to the natural Monarch colouring.

After stamping and embossing the main design, I masked it and stamped  swirls and butterflies around the edge although with hindsight I don't think it needed it! The image can very easily stand up for itself.


 



I'm playing along at

Addicted to Stamps and More #102 - Make Your Mark
Crafty Creations Challenges #266 - Things With Wings
Crafting Musketeers #15 - Summertime
Butterfly Challenge #10 - One Layer Only  

11 comments:

Jayne said...

Pretty card, I love that stamp.

sandie said...

Fabulous choice of colours and great background stamping. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous - both your background and your center butterfly! Great to see you playing with us at ATSM. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Rahmat said...

Beautiful and colorful butterfly! Thank you for joining us at the ATSM.

Mrs A. said...

Wow this is an amazing card. I love the butterfly. Such gorgeous colours . Thankyou for fluttering by #10. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge) .

Deborah Frings said...

Magnificent butterfly and beautifully coloured. I do like the way you've framed the image. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week.

Anna-Karin said...

Pretty butterfly. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hugs Anna-Karin

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous butterfly! I think it is called artistic license that you can color a butterfly any color you want. You've done a fabulous job with the colors on this one and it looks like a proper butterfly. I love all the swirls and other butterflies around it. Lots of motion in your card.

Sally H said...

WOW! A stunning card! LOVE, love love it!

Fran said...

Fab project , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xx

Marie Richardson said...

beautiful image
Thanks for joining us this month over at Crafting Musketeers challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (DT for Crafting Musketeers)
xxxx