Sunday 2 February 2014

Very Exciting News!

I'm absolutely delighted to be able to tell you that I recently applied for a place on the La Pashe design team and heard this week that I've been accepted. I heard a few days ago, and shared my news on Facebook, but I really wanted to announce it on the blog on an entry for CD Sundays, because it is by joining in with this challenge since my blog started that I've learned that CDs and decoupage can be used for so very, very much more than the "print a background and a design, layer design up and stick on background" that I'd thought of them as being useful for before.

So thank you to the CD Sundays design team and participants for your ideas, inspiration support and comments.

OK, Oscar speech over, time to get on with this week's challenge  Ribbons and Bows. And it won't surprise you that I've celebrated by using a La Pashe CD, The very Best of La Pashe 2012. I wanted to do something that would be suitable for Valentine's Day, and the "Mobility Love" design from the Decoupage Plus section looked ideal.

But being stubborn, I wanted to make it Pretty rather than Witty, so I've prettied it up with ribbons and a lace doyley.

9 comments:

Linby said...

Very well done on your DT post for La Pashe Jane. This is a great card, love that background paper.
Lynn x

Carol said...

Well done on becoming a La Pashe DT member. Lucky you - they are amongst my favourite CD's. I am glad we have been of help in giving you the edge.
Love the card you have done for us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT Team B

starcyl said...

Well done Jane on your new DT post, as Carol said I'm also glad we were some sort of inspiration for you giving you the edge over other applicants.
Now this is a great card blending humour with prettiness, it does work well together and I wouldn't have thought of it. Thank you for your support at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...

Well done Jane, I too was thrilled when I heard I had been successful - looking forward to working with you!

Elaine x

Jane Willis said...

Looking forward to working with you too. This is my first time on a DT - there's a lot to learn!

sue-b said...

Well done on your new DT post Jane , your cards are always inspirational and this is no exception to that rule, thanks for joining us again this week and i hope your new role will not keep you away.
sue-b DT xx

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations on your DT post. What a fab card too and it is very pretty proving that love isn't just for the young but also the young at heart!
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

Many congratulations on your well deserved DT position Jane - and thank you for saying that CD Sunday has helped you toward this.
Thank you also for sharing this gorgeous card this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

Many congratulations on your new DT post, very exciting times ahead for you. A super card taken from a most universal CD. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz