Friday 10 May 2013

Dragonfly

I love dragonflies - the way they glisten as they dart through the air, the way the sunlight glints on them - and they way they are so versatile as a craft theme! In the days before I got addicted to papercraft (and when my eyesight was good enough to thread a needle ) I loved to embroider them in metallic threads

Now I prefer to stamp them and I have all sorts of styles - realistic, arty, cute, fun - I can't turn a dragonfly stamp down. For this card I turned to a very realistic one, which I stamped onto acetate using a Stazon pad then glittered from underneath. The background is a lightly patterned paper from my scrap box,  overstamped with the same Stazon pad.

 

I am joining in two challenges with this card
Make my Monday - Anything That Flies
Crafting Musketeers - Anything Goes

5 comments:

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Stunning projects. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers, Nicola X

Rossella said...

This is so beautiful and delicate, thank you for joining us at Make My Monday this week
Rosie x

Cazro said...

Adorable, so pastel and elegant. I love this card. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz Dt

Fran said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers 1st Challenge , Fran DT xx

Suzi B said...

Such a gorgeous card, love your glistening dragofly.
Thak you for joining us at MMM
Suzi B x