Sunday 18 November 2012

Less is More 94 - Hardware

When I saw that this week's theme at Less is More  was hardware, I knew exactly what I wanted to make. I have some brads that look like screw heads and some decoupage of retro style ladies doing DIY. I would use the brads to attach a strip of woodgrain effect paper down one side of a cream card, then use the decoupage design to overlap the woodgrain and the white space.

But I looked in my brad box and there was no sign of the brads. I spent half of yesterday afternoon turning my craft stash upside down in search of the brads. Not a sign of them. "Never mind", I thought, "I'll use the decoupage and wood grain anyway, with some plain brads". So I opened my folder to remove the decoupage sheet - and found it bereft of designs apart from a couple of useful looking borders.

Yep, I'd already made the card  I had in mind for a male birthday last year, using up the brads and decoupage. No wonder I could picture it so clearly!

But while I was  searching for the missing bits of stash, I came across a box of metallic embellishments left over from a Hot Off The Press Christmas kit from several years ago - parcels, words, Christmas trees and reindeer, along with some bow and star brads for holding them in place. I don't know why I didn't use them at the time - I think they are so cute they need little else to set them off. Here are a couple of cards I've made with them.


4 comments:

Linby said...

they look great Jane, I am always buying things that look useful then can't find what to do with them.
Lynn x

Chrissie said...

It's amazing what you find when searching for something completely different isn't it!
Your bits of stash found a really nice home on these cards!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sue said...

These look brilliant! Sue x

Jen Nelson said...

shame you couldn't find what you were looking for... but the end result is super

Thanks for joining us
Jen
Less Is More